Wednesday 8 May 2013

Symmetry in Our Environment

Last Friday while I was in Victoria at the Ministry of Education office working on Math Curriculum a funny thing happened.  Our team had just begun discussing the use and importance of technology in mathematics when serendipitously my laptop began making sounds to notify me of incoming emails.  When I checked my inbox, I was thrilled to see numerous emails from my students with symmetrical photos they had taken in the school environment.

I had left a question for Division 5 that read "Where do you see symmetry in your environment?"

The students captured these objects using the camera on the iPad and were able to draw the lines of Symmetry using Skitch.

Thank you to my wonderful TOC and students who email me their images!  It made my day...

:) Mrs. Barker








No comments:

Post a Comment